St Matthews Church, Tay Street, Perth is a 19th Century Victorian Gothic Church first built between 1869 and 1871. The building is an original sandstone structure which has also had various extensions to the building since it was first constructed. We remodelled the interior of the main Sanctuary, welcome area and Gallery to provide enhanced flexible facilities for the community. The internal alterations included the removal of pews, creation of a multi-use space with new café, disabled toilet, nappy change, and stores within the Sanctuary. New glazed walls divided spaces between café and sanctuary and new doors within the welcome area to the sanctuary created a new visual link from outside in. The entrance welcome space was improved to reduce heat loss by adding in a new vestibule with glazed automatic doors. Other improvements carried out and co-ordinated within the design were the new heating system, lighting, distribution boards and additional insulation incorporated to reduce heatloss within the church. The project was delivered on programme and within budget.
St Matthew's Church
PERTH PH1 5LQ
The Church of Scotland
Click or tap an image to view full-screen.