The Birks Cinema Aberfeldy opened in 1939 and closed in the mid 1980's falling into disuse and dereliction.
The Friends of the Birks Cinema registered as a charity in 2006 and appointed Robin Baker Architects.
In 2010 they received a Town Centre Regeneration Fund grant.
Through their vision and hard work they managed to raise funding for the £1.25m construction work and the restored cinema opened again in April 2013.
This project has created an excellent community venue and brought new life into a run-down town centre attracting new economic investment.
The Birks Cinema Trust
Click or tap an image to view full-screen.