Maryhill Burgh Halls was originally completed in 1878 to provide a social hub for the community of Maryhill; however, the Halls had lain derelict for seven years and were on the Buildings at Risk Register. Through refurbishment of the former hall and administration building, faade retention and selective demolition, we inserted new accommodation wrapping around an external courtyard. Our careful design respects the historical buildings, whilst utilising their nature to provide integrated accommodation. The Halls now acts as a symbol of regeneration, innovation and inspiration for the local community, and is seen as an exemplar of regeneration.
10-24 Gairbraid Avenue
GLASGOW G20 8YE
Maryhill Burgh Halls Trust
Click or tap an image to view full-screen.