St Andrew's and St George's West Church is an 'A' listed building built in 1782-4. The challenge for the 2012-13 refurbishment was to bring it into the 21st century as an attractive and flexible place for worship, musical and other events while introducing modern services, including new lighting, projection and sound equipment into the fine interior of the Church without damage to the existing finishes. Floor strengthening of the Sanctuary was undertaken from the Undercroft below. Redecoration, new side doors, new floor finishes, lift and toilets all contribute to a more user friendly building. In 2006 we restored the original peel of bells to change ringing.
13 George Street
EDINBURGH EH2 2PA
The Kirk Session c/o Nick Evans
The Kirk Session of St Andrew's and St George's West Church
Click or tap an image to view full-screen.