A new 1 1/2 storey house on the site of former group of buildings above Loch Tay. There were six buildings in total, 3 dating back to 1769 and a further three to 1861 which allowed the house to gain planning consent based upon the Perth & Kinross Council Houses in the Countryside Policy. The location allowed the building to be set in the lee of the existing brow to the north west, cutting into the hillside. The existing mature trees were unaffected. The L shaped plan, with a traditional pitched roof relates to the vernacular of the Perthshire countryside with steep pitched roofs and harled gable ends. This also made best use of its orientation for solar gain, and incorporated solar thermal heating on the roof.
BY ABERFELDY PH15 2PB
Mr and Mrs Campbell
Click or tap an image to view full-screen.