Collective Architecture won a limited competition to redevelop a Category B' listed library in Bridgeton, Glasgow for The Glasgow Womens Library. The library, built in 1903, is one of seven Carnegie libraries donated to the city. A local landmark, the building is grand in appearance with feature bays, intricate ornamentation and beautifully carved statues.
Glasgow Womens Library provides a major resource for the City of Glasgow, Scotland and beyond. Their reputation extends nationally with a growing membership and volunteer team. The archive collection has steadily expanded, with items on display for public view and has gained growing importance through its accredited museum status. The library, refurbished for the Glasgow Womens Library, now caters for an organisation with a national reputation, and provides accommodation which is capable of hosting major events, screenings, talks, exhibitions, as well as offering support services for people across Glasgow.
23 Landressy Street
GLASGOW G40 1BP
Glasgow Women's Library
Click or tap an image to view full-screen.