The Category B listed Church in Kelvindale, designed by James Taylor Thomson is a fine example of Modern Gothic built in 1931. During the Second World War the roof took a direct bomb hit through the east end, but the lead clad fleche was unscathed. The fleche spire is a significant landmark, exposed to the prevailing westerly weather and was in need of specialist repair and conservation. A repair project focussed on the complete recladding of the fleche leadwork and repair of the timber structure. This included high-level masonry repairs and repointing, new cast iron rainwater goods, re-slating and the replacement and repair of hall roofs. Specialist and detailed leadwork was hand worked on site and in the workshop. HS/ HLF funded project.
22 Beaconsfield Road
GLASGOW G12 0NY
Church of Scotland
Click or tap an image to view full-screen.