We are looking for an Architectural Assistant to join our small team and be involved in a variety of interesting projects.
Oliver Chapman Architects is an award-winning practice with a growing client base. We operate from premises in Edinburgh’s old town but are currently working from home. For a relatively small practice we cover an interestingly wide range of projects including occasional small domestic projects (we are pleased to be winner of last year’s Scottish Design Award’s low-cost project), various community-led projects, co-design events, and buildings for leisure and culture.
We have a good track record of supporting Part 2 students offering a variety of professional practice experiences.
You will likely be working on a variety of projects through many different work stages as well as being involved with upcoming feasibility studies.
We would particularly like to hear from candidates who can demonstrate the majority of the following skills with examples of experience:
• Evidence of a good design understanding e.g. a good design portfolio
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
• to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project
• A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, life long learning
• Ability to use the following: AutoCad, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup and Microsoft Office. Revit skills are desirable but not necessarily essential
• Close attention to detail across all aspects of design and good technical knowledge.
• Effective time management, resourcing and managing the project team
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and graphic communication skills
• Self-motivated but also a good team player
• A driving licence is advantageous
To apply, please send us an introductory letter, a current CV and examples of work covering a range of appropriate skills to email@example.com
Dependant on Experience
Full or Part Time
25 March 2021
9 April 2021