Bennetts Associates is looking for a Part 1 architectural assistant to join our team in Edinburgh. We are a friendly and well-established practice of architects and designers who are continually evolving and pushing ourselves to create sustainable and enduring architecture.
Responsibilities and Attributes
These will vary over the year but are likely to include:
• Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team;
• Good communication skills;
• Ability and enthusiasm to think creatively and problem solve through design;
• Care and interest in the current climate emergency;
• Professional and positive ‘can-do’ attitude;
• Production of 2D technical drawings in CAD and 3D models using SketchUp and Revit;
• Creation of presentation renders and visuals;
• Good model-making and hand drawing abilities;
• Creation of graphics and artwork for diagrams
Required skills and experience:
• RIBA I (or equivalent) qualification;
• Exceptional design skills;
• Good working knowledge of CAD ( Microstation and Revit preferred, but not a necessity);
• Proficiency in 3D digital and physical modelling;
• Experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and/or Photoshop (preferred, but not a necessity)
How to apply:
Bennetts Associates is an equal opportunities employer and we are keen to receive applications from a diverse range of candidates. Please note: after you have applied you will be sent a link to a short diversity monitoring survey. This is completely anonymous and will not influence your application, but we would request that all applicants complete it to support us in continual improvements to embedding EDI principles within our recruitment process.
Due to the expected high volume of applicants, we regret we will only be contacting shortlisted applicants.
In line with RIBA scales
10 June 2021
23 June 2021