An exciting opportunity to join a small ambitious practice in East Dunbartonshire as an Architectural Assistant or Junior Architectural Technologist
Successful candidate will work as part of a team, under the supervision of a Project Architect and will be expected to assist the team in the design and production of schemes within the office.
- Undertaking design work at all RIBA work stages on a wide variety of projects under the supervision of Senior members of the team.
- Carrying out measured building surveys.
- Preparation of feasibility studies.
- Coordinate with other consultants.
- Preparation of Planning and Building warrant packages.
- Help promote and grown the Social Media presence of the practice
- Help increase brand/customer/industry engagement across all channels
- Assist with General Admin
- Experience with Sketchup AutoCAD and Revit desirable.
- Adobe Photoshop and InDesign beneficial.
- Knowledge of UK Building regulations alongside preparing and submitting planning applications
- Interest in real-time rendering software (Twinmotion , Unreal Engine)
- Experience of Microsoft Office 365.
- Highly computer literate.
- Have a willingness to learn.
- Strong interpersonal skills organised and efficient with attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team effectively and deliver tight deadlines on time and on budget.
- The ability to work within a team to produce detailed 2D and 3D design drawings, concept sketches and presentation graphics
- A willingness to help promote the practice via social media channels.
The role is initially for 30 hours per week with potential to increase. Due to current circumstances this job will be fully remote to begin with, primarily via Microsoft Teams and Office 365 and the right candidate should be confident communicating via video calls. A move to a flexible, hybrid working structure will commence once our office has fully reopened as per government guidelines.
Pay will be in line with the National Minimum Wage but subject to negotiation for the right candidate.
If you are interested in applying for this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A copy of your current CV
- A cover letter detailing why you feel you are a suitable candidate for this job
- PDF portfolio no more than 15/20 pages in length and 6MB in size
- Confirmation of earliest possible start date
Please note: Applicant must be a resident of East Dunbartonshire.