Fraser Architecture is a small, busy practice, delivering high quality, sustainable design across the Outer Hebrides and West Highlands. Our work, from less than £100k to £2M+ is inspired by our outstanding surroundings and informed by the practical challenges of building well in a beautiful but unforgiving environment.
Our practice development is at an exciting stage, including a current move to larger premises on the neighbouring island of Benbecula. We are looking for a creative and motivated Part II Architectural Assistant, or recently qualified Architect, to help us deliver a diverse portfolio of projects, including arts / heritage, community, commercial and residential.
To be the right person for our team you will:
• demonstrate design flair and creativity, combined with technical strength, as you will be closely involved in design, procurement, and project delivery.
• be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and keen to develop your architectural skills.
• possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to fit into a small team and respond to a busy, varied workload with flexibility, commitment, and good humour.
• demonstrate proficiency in Autocad, Revit and Photoshop.
• have a UK Driving Licence. Your own transport will also be a definite advantage, as public transport is very limited in the islands.
We can offer excellent experience, including RIBA Part III preparation, with valuable insight into many aspects of professional practice. You will have in-depth design, technical and presentation input across a variety of projects, with responsibility in line with qualifications and skills, and the support of our Senior Architect and Architect.
Life on Europe's spectacular Atlantic edge combines the drama and tranquillity of a rural coastal environment. The islands offer an unparalleled setting for outdoor activities, along with a strong cultural identity expressed through music, Gaelic language, and visual arts. Regular transport connections include flights to Glasgow and Inverness and a car ferry service to Skye, Mallaig and Oban.
If you have the skills and personal qualities we need and would relish this unique opportunity, we would like to hear from you. Please email CV, portfolio and covering letter, for the attention of Robert Fraser to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 19 October.
Initial interviews will be by video link with the intention to interview shortlisted candidates in person, subject to current COVID-19 Government guidelines. No agencies please.
dependent on experience
Permanent (with 3 month probationary period)
1 October 2020
19 October 2020