The Scottish Government is currently seeking applications for a Senior Architect within the Planning and Architecture Division based in Edinburgh. This is a varied and interesting role leading on high-profile projects. This is an excellent opportunity to play an influential role in supporting the contribution of design to improve outcomes for people across Scotland and to help address the global climate emergency.
The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of strategic and practical issues related to architecture. They will have a high level of professional knowledge on sustainable design, architecture practice and the relationship of architecture and design to wider outcomes, in particular climate change. The role involves engaging with a wide range of interests and excellent communication skills are required.
Specific duties of the role include:
• Developing and implementing national policy, providing advice and solutions in response to issues that arise
• Provide professional and technical advice and support on architecture, building design, construction issues and architecture practice
• Support effective working with key stakeholders such as the RIAS and Architecture & Design Scotland
• Support the contribution of good design within other Scottish Government policy areas, such as climate change, housing, regeneration, construction procurement and culture
• Provide high quality briefing and professional advice to Ministers and senior management on architecture and design
• Lead and contribute to parliamentary questions, requests for information and Ministerial correspondence
• Contribute to the day to day work of teams across Planning and Architecture Division
For further information and to apply please visit the job advert on the Work for Scotland website.
Around 37.00 per week
8 October 2020
5 November 2020