Pattern are an award winning architectural practice with studios in London & Edinburgh specialising in rule based design and data driven delivery. We execute high profile projects internationally, across a variety of sectors. We are an equal opportunities employer.
We are looking for a Senior Interior Designer/ Architect to fill a key role within our Edinburgh Office architectural team.
• Senior Interior designer / Interior Architect for high profile projects in Sports & Leisure sector.
• Design orientated candidate to work with Associate to lead a dedicated team of qualified architects – reporting to Director in Edinburgh.
In order to be suitably qualified for this role, we are looking for candidates with the relevant experience, who will have the following:
• 7+ years construction industry experience.
• A flair for design and a creative view to your work and be comfortable working collaboratively in a team on large scale projects.
• Experience of large scale commercial interiors delivering design services including: specification of finishes, preparing and producing detailed drawing packages, with examples of project delivery & job running capabilities.
• Have a strong technical background and be able to work on every stage of the design process from concept to completion. This means generating interiors concepts, collaborating with a team, working on technical drawings, liaising with clients and problem-solving.
• Revit experience an advantage, but not essential for the right candidate.
• Be degree qualified in Professional Interior Design and be a member of a relevant construction / related professional body and be able to demonstrate your experience in the industry.
• Must be permitted to work in the UK.
• Excellent spoken and written English. Chinese, Spanish, French language is a bonus.
• Experience in client facing role and presenting to clients an advantage.
The role will Include, but is not limited to:
• Have a detailed knowledge of materials, finishes and detailing.
• Selecting and preparing samples, schedules and graphic presentations for client approval.
• Creating specifications and drawings demonstrating spatial design, furnishings and fittings
• Coordination of interiors designs/finishes with Structural & MEP services consultant designs.
• Preparing accommodation designs, drawings and schedules for all Interiors finishes.
• Providing specialist advice and knowledge in specification and procurement of Interior finishes.
• Managing, attending and recording project meetings.
• You will be ensuring projects are delivered whilst upholding best practice project management skills to deliver information, on programme and within budget to meet the project brief.
• This will include all normal contract related operations from inception, through feasibility, design, tender documentation, contract administration.
• Occasional UK and international travel.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to email@example.com, quoting ‘Senior Interiors role - Edinburgh‘, providing the following:
• CV & portfolio of work
• Salary expectation
• Notice period (if any)
• ABSOLUTELY NO AGENCY ENQUIRIES - Thank you
13 February 2020
13 March 2020