VELUX have an exciting opportunity for someone ambitious, with a flair for architecture and sales, to join the Professional Housebuilder (PHB) team at VELUX.Do you want to take part in projects and see them brought to life? Then this is your chance to influence the creation of healthy buildings across the UK and Ireland using VELUX daylight and ventilation solutions - are you ready to take the leap?
As an Architectural Technician with VELUX, you will take responsibility for designing and redesigning the best solutions for different projects, keeping a focus on creating affordable, bright and energy efficient buildings.
You will be involved in all aspects of the project, including partner sales meetings where you will present our ideas for VELUX product programme solutions and ensure full connections with partners and their value chain.
Your tasks will include:
• Supporting the PHB team by providing a full range of services.
• Supporting our external partners by developing projects, participating in meetings, proposing new concepts and providing advice for daylight and ventilation/comfort solutions.
• Designing project specifications, daylight analyses, indoor analyses and technical drawings to improve indoor climate.
• Creating project sales materials in PowerPoint.
• Carrying out assessment and inspections throughout and at the end of projects.
• Communicating any risks or issues that may arise to the appropriate stakeholders.
• Working with Marketing on finished projects and other marketing related tasks.
• Provide high calibre drawings on all projects.
• Work with global counterparts in other PHB teams.
”You will start out working in close collaboration with the team, but it is our goal that you will, with time, work independently on projects. We will of course make sure that you receive all necessary training to be successful in this goal” says Trevor Smith, National Housing Manager.
The ideal candidate will have a qualification in CAD, design, technology or engineering (HNC, HND, MCIAT, CIAT) and will have worked in similar roles previously.
You should also be an experienced user of programmes such as AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Revit etc.
This role supports a national team, therefore the ability and willingness to regularly travel out with normal base location, both domestic and international, is essential.
It is vitally important that you are outgoing, ambitious and skilled at building professional relationships.
You will be expected to actively participate in sales meetings and not be afraid to share your ideas, selling the benefits of the VELUX solutions on offer.
An interest in project management and the willingness to learn and develop the necessary skills would also be advantageous with a view to the successful applicant being able to manage their own projects in the future.
Knowledge of, or experience working with UK Building Regulations would also be advantageous.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio (in PDF format) to the recruitment portal by Wednesday 20th November 2019. All applications must be submitted via the portal, emailed applications will not be accepted.
Interviews will take place at our Head Office in Glenrothes, Fife on the 27th & 28th of November 2019 and candidates should ensure they will be able to attend a 1.5 hour interview session on one of these dates before applying.
If you would like more information please contact the HR team at [firstname.lastname@example.org ](mailto://email@example.com )
11 November 2019
20 November 2019