The Olympia Theatre has been an east-end landmark since its opening in 1911. By 1924 the building was solely used as a cinema. it closed in 2000 and significant damage occurred during a fire in 2004.
The new Olympia has created over 3300sq.m of floor space and incorporates a public library and a centre of excellence for elite athletes at first floor level.
The existing stone facades to Olympia Sstreet and Orr street are retained. The building has been transformed externally, with areas of glazing opening up the existing façade and a new glazed frontage onto Orr street, animating the building at all times of the day.
£ 5.1 M (excluding public realm)