Updated 28 July 2020
The latest bulletins and updates from the Scottish and UK Government.
View the latest Coronavirus (COVID-19): daily data for Scotland here and the latest Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance for Scotland here.
Following the first minister's announcement on 21st May the following document: Scotland’s route map through and out of the crisis has been published. This includes information on the steps which will be taken in relation to the restart of the Construction Industry.
The following letter from Kevin Stewart MSP Minister for Local Government, Housing and Planning's letter to Ken Gillespie, Chair of Construction Scotland and Construction Leadership Forum members gives more detail of the proposals for re-starting construction.
Scottish Government have announced that the £45 million Enterprise Resilience fund will now double to £90 million, with grants available to small and medium sized businesses that are "potentially vital to our economic future”.
This business readiness bulletin for trade associations, business representative bodies and business intermediaries provides important information for you and your business members and networks on Coronavirus (COVID-19).
This bulletin provides information for employers and businesses on Coronavirus (COVID-19). All guidance, information and announcements can be found at GOV.UK. Organisations should pay particular attention to the guidance for employees, employers and businesses which is being updated regularly with the latest advice.
The Government is supporting businesses and their employees through a package of measures during this period of unprecedented disruption. The Business Support website helps you find the right support, advice and information to help with the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) on your business. This website will continue to be updated as information becomes available.
A full range of business support measures have been made available to UK businesses and employees. Find out how to access the support that has been made available, who is eligible, when the schemes open and how to apply here.
• Reporting outbreaks of coronavirus
• Travel corridors
• Eat Out to Help Out scheme
• Local restrictions
• New Updates and Guidance
New guidance for businesses and organisations on how to recognise, contain and report incidents of coronavirus has been published. COVID-19 early outbreak management information has been created to make sure that people who run businesses or organisations:
• know how to recognise and report an incident of coronavirus
• are aware of measures local health protection teams may advise in order to contain it.
Action cards have been developed to cover a range of businesses and organisations to provide specific advice on the issues each type of organisation may face now lockdown restrictions have been eased. The cards are designed to be printed or downloaded to keep on hand in your business or organisation. Find out more here.
• Spain is no longer on the travel corridor list and the Foreign & Commonwealth Office are advising against all but essential travel to Spain. People will need to self isolate for 14 days when arriving from Spain into the UK.
• Estonia, Latvia, Slovakia, Slovenia and St Vincent and the Grenadines have been added to the exempt list.
• Find out how to claim the reimbursement for discounts given to diners with the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme by following new guidance published here.
• New examples of how to calculate the discount have also been published here.
• Register your business here, and find the list of participating eating establishments
• In Luton and in Blackburn with Darwen temporary measures to prevent further spread of coronavirus have been agreed. As a result changes planned in England for the reopening of: Indoor gyms; Indoor fitness and dance studios; Indoor sports courts and facilities; Indoor swimming pools; Bowling alleys; Indoor skating rinks; Casinos; and Exhibition halls and conference centres, will not take effect in Luton and Blackburn with Darwen. This will be formally reviewed by 8 August and every 2 weeks after that. All businesses that have already been permitted to open can remain open in Luton and in Blackburn with Darwen.
• A list of areas with additional local restrictions is available here.
• More information on the Government's approach to managing local coronavirus outbreaks can be found here.
Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020 notice: There is a notice to display, to show you have made your workplace COVID-secure that has been updated to reflect the change to the guidance on working from home. Find it here.
Other useful links
Some aspects of business support are devolved. Specific information for businesses and employers in Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales is available. In England, Growth Hubs can advise on local and UK Government business support - including schemes to help businesses through the current situation. Find your local Growth Hub here.
All previous Coronavirus Bulletins can be found here. Please note the information in previous bulletins was accurate on the date it was published and will not be updated. Guidance, information and announcements on all aspects of Coronavirus can be found at GOV.UK.
Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
Business Intelligence and Readiness Directorate