Terms of Reference
Maximum 12/14 members to include:
- Chapter Representatives x 6
- Student Representatives from each School of Architecture
- Heads of Schools of Architecture
- Presidents nominees
- Secretary & Treasurer
- Practice Manager
Meetings do not require to be strictly quorate but attendance of fewer than 5 members must be notified to the President.
- To assist in the formulation of objectives, policy and priorities.
- To ensure effective implementation of Council decisions and oversee management of activities.
- To develop, promote and enhance education in architecture and develop RIAS as the focus of professional education and registration within Scotland.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Promote RIBA/RIAS and other student prizes and enhance the relationship between the Incorporation and students and young professionals to expand RIAS membership.
- Enhance links with Schools of Architecture through ASSA and other external agencies such as ARB.
- Promote awareness of built environment issues and general education of young people about architecture and influence policy at local, Scottish, UK and European government levels.
- Coordinate a programme of careers advice between the Scottish schools of architecture and the profession and liaise with education providers and EIS to facilitate the preparation of materials and advocacy within primary and secondary schools.
- Foster practice based research and development, practice based learning and Continual Professional Development.
- Recommend objectives to be pursued by the Incorporation.
- Ensure the implementation of Council policy and undertake other functions required by Council.
Authority and Reporting Requirements
- The Committee is subordinate to PPC and Council (on urgent policy issues the Convenor shall confer with the President).
- The Committee shall report in writing to each meeting of the Presidents Policy Committee (PPC) and Council via the PPC.
- Any papers on policy matters should be presented to PPC for discussion before being presented to Council.
- The Convenor shall liaise with the Secretary & Treasurer as appropriate when dealing with matters of policy and in the preparation of reports to PPC and/or Council.