THIS CONTRACT IS FOR USE IN ENGLAND, FOR SCOTLAND SEE SBCC CONTRACTS.
Low stock, call 0131 229 7545 to confirm availability- 2016 Version due End June 2016
The JCT Contracts 2011 edition reflects new payment legislation and makes other changes which include:
- A revised Insolvency definition in the Termination section
- The revised Terrorism Cover provisions that were included in JCT's December 2009 Update
- The provision for appointment of the principal contractor under CDM Regulations has been extended to cover that function under the Site Waste Management Plans Regulations 2008
- Statutory reference to the Bribery Act 2010
- Entries in respect of PI insurance relating to asbestos and fungal mould have been removed
- Revised retention provisions in the sub-contracts
Minor Works Building Contract with Contractor's Design MWD 2011
- Where the work involved is simple in character
- Where the work is designed and the requirements for the contractor's design of discrete part(s) are detailed by or on behalf of the Employer, and where the Contractor is required to design those part(s) of the work (Contractor's Designed Portion)
- Where the Employer is to provide drawings and/or a specification and/or work schedules to define adequately the quantity and quality of the work
- Where an Architect/Contract Administrator is to administer the conditions
Can be used: by both private and local authority employers.
- As a design and build contract
- Where bills of quantities are required
- Where provisions are required to govern work carried out by named specialists
- Where detailed control procedures are needed
There is no separate JCT Guide for the MWD contract, however there are guidance notes at the end of the contract including details of changes from the previous revision.